Download Office Policy
Office visits are scheduled according to the severity of your condition and the program of chiropractic care that the doctor feels is best for you. Since your condition requires numerous appointments over the next few weeks or months, we have designed a multiple appointment program for your convenience. This procedure minimizes your time in the office and facilitates incorporating your appointments into your daily routine.
The frequency of your visitation schedule is of paramount importance to your results, so we ask that each patient assume the responsibility of strict adherence to the appointment program as it is designed for optimum results for you.
We also run a no wait clinic (we don’t like to make our patients wait); in order for us to continue with this benefit you need to arrive for your appointments on time.
Regardless of how many appointments are scheduled for you each week, please note that it is the frequency of visits that count, not the days on which you receive the service. This office reserves the right to charge $70 for no call/no show appointments, as there are other patients that may need those appointment times. If, for any reason, you are unable to keep an appointment and can’t reschedule with 24 hours’ notice, we require that you telephone immediately to reschedule that visit; we typically can fill your appointment time within at least 1 hours’ notice. If it is after office hours you may leave a message on our voicemail at 251-990-8383. If there are 3 missed appointments/no call no shows in a row you could be dismissed from care.
When entering the office on any given visit, please go directly to the front desk and “sign in”. We sincerely attempt to honor all appointments at the scheduled time. If you are more than 10 minutes late for your appointment, you may be asked to wait for the next available appointment; we cannot guarantee how long you may have to wait to be seen or which doctor will be able to see you. The doctors are often requested for speaking engagements and corporate ART work and very commonly have to leave the office quickly in the afternoon. If you are running late, please contact the office immediately. We cannot ensure the doctors will be here after your scheduled appointment time. If we are unexpectedly running behind, we will try to contact you and advise you on the status of your appointment time. If you have any questions regarding our office policy or your appointments, please do not hesitate to ask.
In case of non-life threatening emergencies such as flare ups, falls, or injuries, please call the office at 251-990-8383. The doctors may not be able to see you right away, but the doctor can give you recommendations until they can. Please call if any of the above occurs to you or your family.
Some of our patients experience migraines and/or other problems provoked by the tone of a cellphone. For this reason, we ask that you turn your cell phone to silent upon entering the office. There is no talking on cell phones while in the office, especially in treatment areas, as this may interfere with our equipment and is disrespectful to the doctor treating you.
We are a family oriented office, but due to the conditions we commonly treat (headaches, migraines, etc.) we ask that if your child in under 10 years of age, they are not left in the treatment areas unsupervised.
Patients must understand that ultimately they are financially responsible for professional services rendered. We do not bill patients. If we are forced to bill you, a $15 book keeping service fee will be added.
- It is the policy of this office that all services rendered are charged directly to you, the patient, and that ultimately the patient is responsible for all services including those not reimbursed by third party payers.
- All payments are expected at the time of service. Patient balances are not to exceed $150.00 at any time.
- All insurance assignment patients must pay their deductibles in full and the copayments at the time of service.
- Returned checks and balances over 30 days may be subject to additional collection fees and interest charges of 1.5% per month. Charges may also be made for missed appointments and those cancelled without 24 hours’ notice.
- All accounts not paid within 90 days will automatically be put through collections.
This policy is very simple-all services must be paid at the time they are rendered.
- The privilege of insurance assignment begins when out office receives your insurance forms.
- All deductible payments MUST be made prior to insurance submittal.
- You are considered to be a cash patient until our office qualifies your coverage to determine the extent of benefits under your policy.
- All copayments are payable when the services are rendered. A $150.00 balance must not be exceeded by any patient. Services may be declined if balance has been exceeded.
- All patients whose visitation schedule is once per month will not be eligible for insurance assignment. Charges for services will again be due as they are received.
- Should you discontinue care for any reason other than discharge by the doctor, any and all balances due will become immediately payable in full, regardless of any claims submitted.
- This office does not promise that an insurance company will reimburse you for the usual and customary charges submitted by this office, nor will we enter into any dispute with an insurance company over the amount of reimbursement.
- Since we do not own your policy and occasionally will experience difficulty in collection from the carrier, we may ask for your active assistance in rectifying this situation.